Her achingly beautiful interpretation of Cole Porter’s “Who Said Gay Paree,” a song cut from his musical Can-Can and only recorded by Cole himself, was given an equally heartbreaking arrangement by Mr. Roy, who wove in strains of the familiar “I Love Paris.” —NYC’s Stage Buddy
Wed., Dec. 6, 7 pm | Sat., Dec. 9, 7 pm | Sun., Dec. 10, 4 pm
A musical journey through the arc of life, with music director Ron Roy on piano. Teen angst, romance, friendship, work life, parenthood, and mortality are all touched upon in this collection of poignant and witty tunes by such greats as Jacques Brel, Carole King, Johnny Mercer, Laura Nyro, and Stephen Sondheim.
Produced by Metcalf & Roy and performed at Central Square Theater
450 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA
Tickets: $20 at centralsquaretheater.org or 617-576-9278 x1
Music director Ron Roy on piano for all shows, unless otherwise noted.
- September 30. The Art Center. Sandwich, NH
- September 19. Amazing Things Art Center. Framingham, MA. Going Places show
- August 26. Live Jazz New England — WICN Public Radio, 90.5FM
- August 1. Littleton, MA
- July 31. New Bridge on the Charles. Dedham, MA
- June 3, Metropolitan Room, New York, NY. Going Places show
- May 30. Wellfleet Preservation Hall, Wellfleet, MA. Going Places show
- May 15. Third Life Studio, Somerville, MA. Going Places show